Monday, December 22, 2008

long december


Project Update:

Infernal Machine
I've been asked to assemble a salon version of the show for late January/early February. Everyone's a bit displaced for the holidays, but rehearsals for that should be kicking in very shortly.

I sent Robert {Lepage} & Lynda a holiday card and was graciously reciprocated with a rad-lookin calendar, filled with stills from Le Moulin à Images - the premiere of which I attended with my family back in July. This thing, like all of Robert's projects, was mind-boggling and gorgeous. Looking at the calendar, I caught a craving for more Lepage, and began poking around on the Ex Machina site - and happened upon the rehearsal videos for a new work in progress, called Eonnagata. Although Onnagata/Kabuki would not (in my mind) suit the Cocteau piece, there's something about the feel I get from these tapes...something about the look in the light...it is definitely food for thought.

ALLIES


US
Nothing new to report...

Rocky Horror
There was rumor of another Castaway Rocky occurring, but it seems like this project may be dead in the water.

However, having become so very addicted to the show - perhaps even worse than I was when I was 16, and habitually attending the Midnight Madness on weekends - I woke up one morning last week, sudddenly determined to produce a Brooklyn version. The Rocky Horror to end all Rocky Horrors. Midnight Madness will PALE in comparison.

I suppose them's fightin' words.

1 Comments:

Blogger laura ann said...

look at us, ain't we cute?

what's all this about the machine???

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home