Sunday, October 08, 2006

go to sleep, maniac

Sunday, Oct. 8

I am giving up my little euphemism/name-game, because the cast of characters is growing far too quickly, now that NP is back in session.

Every night, as of late, I pass out to the soothing sounds of Hugo Weaving's voice in the opening scenes of "V for Vendetta." Even on evenings when there are three first year girls in my living room, finishing up our dance/wine/Clue/slumber party with Jon, on his last night sleeping on our couch. Where he has been sleeping for three weeks.

It's sad, now, to have him gone. I was getting used to seeing that boy sprawled out (like only boys can sprawl) on the futon every morning as I first tiptoed...then walked...then (fuck all formality) thumped my way to the kitchen to put coffee on, take vitamins, and pry my bleary eyes open to face the day.

The NP schedule for the Second Year is, as I have mentioned, damn near brutal. Especially for those that work on the weekends - and I've got it pretty easy. Among my classmates are the ever-suave, somewhat assholic Hugh, who works on Sundays until midnight, bartending in Little Italy, and my redheaded class partner, Adam, who's on the Best Buy Geek Squad for the full weekend...he even gets to drive the car. Their hours, combined with the full time school, are plum ugly.

But what of the school?

What of the first-years? A fascinating new crop, that I bound up to like I've got some kind of internal pogo stick, and screech out "HOW D'YA LIKE IT HERE!!?"

And they scatter like bats exposed to light.

It's a fun trick.

What of Mr. Shetler, our singing teacher, demonstrating his Outrageous exercise for us? Coming out in naught but a pair of flag boxers and a "World's Best Dad" t-shirt?

What of Mr. Pintaaa, telling us of his French conversations with his plants and appliances?

What of getting to know and re-know a class of 27 fighting spirits, trying to fundraise and showcase and agree on one thing to...moderate success?

What indeed.

I have jazzing to do first thing in the AM, followed by some singing, some script and styling, then acting, then vocalizing...so I'd best vibe out with V and Evey until I'm unconscious. I need rest in order to endure a whole day without my newfound partner in thought, trashtalk and crime - Ms. Laura Sessoms - who is at home dealing with (what else) death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home