Wednesday, March 14, 2007

i got the noise to make you scream and shout

I'm so excited. We had our second Hair rehearsal. Everyone is "Walking in Space." I can see this show taking shape already, like some weird dream I've already had and am now piecing together - plucking stars from the corners of my life, and putting them all in a pot together. They look so beautiful. They sound so beautiful. I'm expecting ecstatic madness.

Despite a touch of the Nei-Plague, and some weird schedule changes (Pinter was absent, which is very odd...perhaps the Nei-Plague really got him?), today was something of a significant step in the right direction. After leaving Sess's apartment (we had "Godot" rehearsal, which makes me SO ecstatically happy. She and I should really do the whole show, with Sweetheart & Swank as Lucky & Pozzo), I called up Man and gushed, as he and I are apt to do to one another:

"Dude, I am SO COOL!"

"Dude, you ARE so cool. And I am so cool!"

"I know!"

And we confirm one another's coolness, and we feel good. And then he has to go stand on an amp and be tech director again, and I have to get to my apartment and make some dinner and do my paperwork. It's a random, but life-affirming process.

But I'm not done gushing. So I call Swank, and as soon as he picks up the phone, I know he's got the same thing going on in his stomach as I do. He's listening to "Walking in Space," and reading Michael Butler's website.

"Can you feel this? It's happening."

"I know. It's really going to happen."



It's really going to happen.

Oh my God.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home