Sunday, June 12, 2011

mermaids!


Just saw POTC 4. Came away with one definite conclusion: my 5 year old self was entirely right...mermaids are the awesomest!

What isn't great about mermaids? They are beautiful, and magical and part fish, and they can breathe everywhere, and they are beautiful and magical.

Maggie Age 5 is invigorated and alive within Adult Maggie! Now, to make myself a tail.

I know that mermaids have long hair because
1. They don't have scissors under the ocean
2. They need something to cover their ta-tas when they are being filmed/painted/photographed/animated
...but I think I'd make a pretty awesome mermaid. And think of all the time I'd save, not having to sit on rocks and comb my hair. Much more room in my schedule to swim around and eat sailors.

Also, POTC writers, I won't get into other issues I had with the film but re: mermaid's name...SIRENA? REALLY? That's the MOST CREATIVE NAME you could come up with? C'mon dudes. I think the only less-inventive option would've been Ariel.


In other arts-consumption news: I saw Friendly Fires on Friday (whee!) at the Music Box, and they were brilliant, and Rusty & I danced our booties off. Highly recommend checking out Pala, their new record.

with love
Maggie Moon

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home