Tuesday, October 24, 2006

typical tuesday

It's ten-fifteen, and although I could be memorizing Shakespeare, I instead bask in my time to slack. There've been a total of maybe three or four slacking hours in the last week, and man, are they glorious. The feel of my ass planted on the couch...my bare feet on the wooden floor...my pajama pants...iTunes shuffling...full stomach. Sweet relief.

Film classes keep us 2nd Years at the Nei-Play til 10:30 or later, twice weekly. But we are finding out what faces to make and not make on film, and improvising off of small movie scenes. Gooding and I went up as Thelma and Louise, and I found out that my old Chicago City Limits skills are more than a little rusty. Note to self: do not riff on silver dollar pancakes ever again.

The Boss has hooked up for serious with Metro. Although I psuedo told the story before: last year, I hijacked him in the hall, where he stood, looking confused and holding a broshure. I invited him to one of Gooding's famous apartment gatherings, and he was initiated as we all did what we do best: got smashed, talked about acting, sang songs, and talked about how much we love each other and the school.

What a bunch of...theater kids!

Metro was the talk of the town on orientation day, and somehow, the Boss and he wound up hitting it off better than ever at the bar that first night...

So Boss is out most of the time, and during the days, I barely see her face - completely peculiar! Most days are spent chatting away with Sessoms and Daisy D. - especially as we assemble our Halloween gear. Tonight, I stood in a pair of the tightest red Beetlejuice pants I had somehow shimmied into (hoorah for stress-induced diets), lacing Sessoms into a mother of a red corset, discussing the purchase of shimmer makeup to make me entirely...shimmery. The same man who's been in Trash and Vaudeville forever told Sessoms to "have a nice weekend" as she paid...

Jimmy Webb: Oh. It's not the weekend. Christ, look where my head is at.
Sessoms: Well this stuff (indicates corset and mini-skirt) is for the weekend.
Jimmy Webb: That explains it.

We giggle out of the store with pink bags in tow, and have a few more laughs about Professor, Numbers, and the others in the ever-expanding cast of characters that make up our day.


Other Typical Tuesday Moments:

Boys Locker Room Basement.
I'm sitting with Swank & Hugh, and a first-year named Jessy comes by with his bookbag. He's a C-Grouper, so he's something like extended family. He makes some reference throughout conversation, about reaching out and touching me. He also makes some reference to his girlfriend.

Swank: Go ahead, touch her.
Me: Yeah.
I present my chest.
Swank: Go ahead.
Me: It's really okay.
Jessy: Naahh...I can't do...that.
Hugh: You better get used to this stuff. That's what Pinter's all about, so that's what next year is all about.
Jessy: I know! I've had Pinter! Six weeks this summer!
Me: So go ahead. Swank, go ahead, show him it's okay.
Swank plants a hand on my right breast.
Hugh: See?
Jessy: You guys are boyfriend and girlfriend, right?
Me & Swank: Nope.
Hugh: They're really not.

Jessy stood for another moment, stuttered, and left the room.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home