Tuesday, December 19, 2006

not-for-profit

I am so excited.

One of the things I had intended to do over break was look into the future of The Real Theater Company and see if I could begin to make it a serious matter. An actual company, not just in practice, but on paper too. And the thing is...

It's possible.
It's more than possible. It's do-able. I can do it, and I can start doing it right now.

So by the end of the week, our corporation papers will be filed, and RTC will be a reality.

Which means we can have subscribers. Members. Benefactors. Eventually paid performers. Eventually a paid Artistic Director. Yes! I can maybe make my living at this! Maybe I'm not looking at a lifetime of temping and bartending after all!

I looked at the history of NYC's largest not-for-profit theatre company, Roundabout, and I got chills.

This is gonna happen!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pieter said...

I believe in you mags. You can definitely do it. As Will Smith says in "Happyness": What do you want? Go get it. Period.

Make Real Theater REAL!!! Love, Pieter

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home